Monday, September 29, 2008

Street fairs and reunion musings

So friends, this past weekend was such a draining one. Saturday morning I couldn't sleep, so I was up puttering around the apartment at 7. I went home at about 9 and mom and I headed down to the annual fog fest in Pacifica. Mom spoiled me again - she got me a soy candle, a pearl necklace, an awesome handmade wooden vase, and we both got matching toe rings. She also took me to lunch - so I did have a great afternoon with her.

I then picked up Tiffany and headed back to the apt to get ready for our 10 year middle school reunion. I had an okay time... I thought that people would've changed a bit - but instead a lot of them were just the same as they were 10 years ago. So I was feeling a bit emotional over the whole thing all evening. It just smacked me upside the head that no matter what to these people I will never be good enough, not funny enough, not pretty enough, not outgoing or spontaneous or bitchy or anything for them. I guess I have to be okay with that - what else can I do? Oh well..

Yesterday would have been my grandpa's 87th birthday if he was still here. So again, I spent yesterday in much of a depressive slump, half dozing around the apartment all day. BF and I did go for a walk for a few hours and then I was in bed by 9. Blargh.

Total money spent for the weekend - 65.00. Ouch. But I did bring my lunch today so that will help me save! Hooray.

And it's Monday..updates to come...

No comments: